Welcome to my stop on the Home for the Holiday's Hop. I am excited to share my favorite Holiday Recipe, as when I think of the Holidays I think of food and how my house smells like cinnimon and apples. If you can't tell my Reciepe is going to be Apple Crisp.
I can my own apples (family reciepe) and normally just make the simple crumble top, however if you don't have homemade canned apples that is fine,as this recipe is super easy.
- 4 to 5 medium sized apples I like using HoneyCrisp or McIntosh (great for pies and canning)
sliced, peeled and Cored (don't want any seeds)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-pupose flour
- 1/2 cup Quaker Oats (or whatever type of Oats you buy)
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease bottom and sides of 8 inch cooking pan with shortening
- Place Apples in the pan
- Mix the rest of the ingredants together good
- Sprinkle on top of apples evenly
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and apples are tender.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or put whipped cream on top... Enjoy
Besides this yummy recipe You can win a paperback of What Happens in Scotland by Jennifer McQuiston and some extra goodies just for commenting on my blog. How Awesome is that???
All you need to do is leave a comment with your email address and a winner will be chosen
Make sure you head back to
So you can continue hopping..
Don't forget that your comment on my page puts you in the drawing not only for my prize but for the grand prize Giveaway (First Prize = $450+ Gift Card) (Second Prize = 1 eBook from each particpating Author)... Each Blog you Visit and Comment at is an EXTRA ENTRY into the DRAWING