Saturday, April 12, 2014

Review The Case of the Invisible Witch by Patrice Lyle


Description
Thirteen-year-old Tulip Bonnaire, Witch PI, runs Spells & Spies out of her dorm room at Poison Ivy Charm School, a school for polite witches and warlocks. She only has 72 hours to figure out her latest case, or her classmate Missy will never be seen again. The mean triplets who call themselves the Belles have cast an invisibility spell on Missy. If Tulip can't crack the case, Missy will remain invisible forever.

My Review

I read this book to my boys... they always wanted to know what was going to happen next. It kept them entertained and they didn't even mind that Tulip was a girl. They loved the ghost parrot Chester... I also enjoyed this book as it was a fun read. Tulip tends to skirt the line between following the rules and breaking them to solve a case. She is spunky, has some issues with her magic, and is a true friend. She deals with things that most children boys or girls go through and I love that about her. At the end of the book there is excerpt of the second book in the series, which I plan on buying for my boys. Overall great children's book fit for kids ages 9-13. 

I rate this book 4 out of 5 Genie Lamps 
You can purchase this book from Amazon Barnes & Noble
* I received a copy of this book in return for my honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Leaving me some Love... Kinda like mail but in comment form so much more rewarding then waiting on the mailman...