Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Review Viking Fire By Andrea R. Cooper

Description 
856 CE, Ireland is a land of myth, magic, and blood. Viking raiders have fought the Irish for over half a century. Rival Irish clans promise only betrayal and carnage.

Kaireen, daughter of Laird Liannon, is suddenly forced into an arranged marriage with her sworn enemy, a Viking. She refuses to submit. With no mention of love, only land and the protection of her clan, she endeavors to get her betrothed banished from her country. Will love find its way around her stubborn heart?

Bram the, Viking, finds himself without future or inheritance as a younger son in his family. A marriage to the Laird's daughter would grant him land if he swears fidelity and if his men will fight along with the Liannons against any foe- Irish or Viking. However, the Laird's feisty daughter only holds animosity for him and his kind. Is marriage worth the battle scars or such a relentless opponent?

With the blame for a rivals laird's death treacherously set against the Liannons, Kaireen and Bram must find a way to lay aside their differences as an unforeseen darkness sends death snapping at their heels.  

My Review

First off let me tell you that I really liked this book. It wasn't the typical Viking "Romance" novel. It had a good back story and the characters were pretty well rounded.

Kaireen the heroine is strong, feisty, and determined however she is also very stubborn and in all honesty kind of a brat. I didn't really care for her spoil rottenness but thankfully she outgrew that. She does get kinda sulky but sometimes you got to be knocked down a peg to be able to see things in perspective. I enjoyed her character but the whining and why me did get to me a bit.

Bram is the hero and he is very much a Viking however he is respectful and has a good heart. He is determined to marry Kaireen and make things work, you have to root for him because he is the perfect hero.

The secondary characters are also very well rounded and make this book very enjoyable and having a bit of drama and mystery is always good in a book. Elva is very important in the book she is always there right when you actually "need" her, however I won't spoil anything but she tends to be one of my favorites in this book .

This book has everything you could ask for, Romance, Feisty Heroine, Strong Hero, Well rounded characters, action, mystery and even a bit of magic. Viking Fire was the first book by Andrea R Cooper that I have ever read and I have to say I am impressed and will be reading more of her books. This book reminded why I like a good traditional Historical once in a while.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 Genie Lamps


You can buy this book from Amazon Barnes & Noble

* I received this book from the author in return for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Leaving me some Love... Kinda like mail but in comment form so much more rewarding then waiting on the mailman...