Sunday, November 2, 2014

Day 2 of Thankfulness

On this Second Day of November I am thankful for my first born and Oldest Son Davey. From when he was born until he was 5 years old it was pretty much just me and him. My husband was deployed a lot so I got to be both Mom and Dad for the first few years of his life. Even though my husband was gone, Davey was a carbon copy of him in the way he acted, looked and even in the type of things he enjoyed.


He has such a curious nature and is so super smart. He loves science, legos, starwars and reading. I love the fact that he is up for pretty much anything. Him and his dad come up with some pretty crazy ideas... Once we went to marbles and they were building a lego fort... Well without even noticing it Davey got walled by his Dad. This is a picture of his face when he realized he couldn't get out.


I do have to say that one of my favorite pictures of Davey with my husband is this newspaper picture. I caught them reading the newspaper and I think it is worth 1000 words.

 My favorite thing about Davey is that he is such a great older brother. Even though there is 6 years between him and JonJon. He plays with him, shows him how to do things and protects him. All the things that an older brother should do. Yes he does pick on him but that is par for the course. Here is two of my favorite pictures of the boys together.


At Carolina Beach



4th of July Parade

As A mother I am thankful for a lot of things but the day I gave birth to this amazing child was the day I changed forever.  He has taught me so many things in his 11 years so far.

#1 That legos are an essential part of life.
#2 Science is more interesting than I ever knew (Or wanted to know)
#3 Darth Vader yes is a bad guy but he turns good at the end (3 years old he figured his out).
#4 He makes me want to be a better person.

David Michael is an old soul who is wise beyond his years. I am thankful that God blessed me with him even though he is a carbon copy of his dad and the love to gang up on me. 

Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Leaving me some Love... Kinda like mail but in comment form so much more rewarding then waiting on the mailman...